A separate article will follow for the Minnesota stabbings by a ‘soldier of ISIS’.
WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT NYC & NJ BOMBS:
- 29 injured in a bombing at W. 23rd St. in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City at around 8:30 pm on Saturday, September 17th.
- A second device was found not far away. It was a pressure cooker style IED with a phone attached. (NBC News)
- A pipe bomb went off at a Marine Corp. 5K charity race in Seaside, New Jersey. No one was injured. (The Blaze)
- Three other devices, all undetonated, were found in the New Jersey 5k race area. (Epoch Times)
- Authorities believe it is the same bomber in Chelsea and Seaside. (FOX News)
- A 911 call was made around the time of the Chelsea bombing. A male caller said, ‘there will be more’. (NY Post)
- 5 people detained by FBI near Verrazano bridge after police found multiple pipe bombs in NJ train station. It is believed they were headed to the airport. (NY Daily News, ABC News, NY Post)
- Over the weekend, Governor Cuomo came out saying it was ‘terrorism’ but not linked to ‘international terrorism’. He may have jumped the gun there. (ABC News; Video on Twitter)
- This morning, authorities believe there might be a terror cell working in NYC area. (Tom Winter/NBC News)
- Father told FBI in 2014 that his son was a terrorist. FBI reviewed his case but appear to have done nothing else. (NY Times)
MANHUNT FOR AHMAD RAMAHI:
NBC NEWS: Sources say Ahmad Rahami, 28, is actively being sought in the NY/NJ area for role in bombings. PHOTO: pic.twitter.com/tl55qV2LT5
— Tom Winter (@Tom_Winter) September 19, 2016
Ramahi has been apprehended following a shoot out with police, according to CNN.
Allegedly, a Tumblr page called “I am the NYC Bomber” posted some kind of manifesto claiming they committed the bombings. Some of the text said that they “cannot live in a world where homosexuals like myself as well as the rest of the LGBTQ community are looked down upon by society”. Screen shots were grabbed of parts of the Tumblr page before it was taken down:
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) September 18, 2016
— NYBuff Post-1 (@NYBuffPost1) September 18, 2016
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) September 18, 2016
— ALWAYS TRUMP! (@Always_Trump) September 18, 2016
— The Hill (@thehill) September 18, 2016