TOO BIG TO JAIL: FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook
Yet, Director Comey recommended against prosecution of the law violations he clearly found on the ground that there was no intent to harm the United States.
In essence, in order to give Mrs. Clinton a pass, the FBI rewrote the statute, inserting an intent element that Congress did not require. The added intent element, moreover, makes no sense: The point of having a statute that criminalizes gross negligence is to underscore that government officials have a special obligation to safeguard national defense secrets; when they fail to carry out that obligation due to gross negligence, they are guilty of serious wrongdoing. The lack of intent to harm our country is irrelevant. People never intend the bad things that happen due to gross negligence.
Read the whole thing.
Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.
In other words, no one in their right mind at the DOJ will prosecute this, so I’m going to save myself.
- AP Fact Check: Hillary’s Been Lying Her Pantsuits Off
- Ryan on Clinton Investigation: ‘It Appears Damage is Being Done to the Rule of Law’
- Confirmed: Hillary IS Too Big To Jail
- FBI: ‘Hostile Actors’ Likely Hacked Clinton Email Secrets
- The Explanation Americans Deserve From FBI on Clinton’s Server Use
- Comey says between two and 10 individuals without clearances had access to server (More)
- Comey: Why, no, we didn’t put Hillary under oath for our interview — or record what she said
Dear God, Comey admits under oath her attorneys scrubbed devices in a way to prevent forensic recovery.. Astounding
— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) July 7, 2016
RELATED AND UPDATED:
CNN – “Litany of Lies”:
ODNI IG: My Staff Had To Be “Read In” To Secret Programs While Inspecting Clinton Emails: